Teaching the Wheel in Groups
You’ve taken Like A Pro, and you’re using the Wheel with your one-to-one clients. Would you like some help using the principles of the Wheel in your workshops? This course helps you bring those principles into whatever you are already teaching.
Teaching the Wheel in Groups is open to you if you:
- Completed Like a Pro in-person
- OR - are taking Like a Pro online. This course is one of the two options for Part 2.
- If you want to take the Facilitator Certification Course, this is the first step. After this course you may apply for that one.
What we cover
- Basic group facilitation skills, including how to create a safe container for learning, and how to make sure your participants don’t step over their own limits
- The particular challenges of touch events and online events and what you need to know about facilitating them
- Incorporating the Wheel of Consent into your workshops — what works and what doesn’t, and how to teach the different components of the Wheel
- Considerations for designing your workshops
- You will have the opportunity to create an outline for your next workshop and present your ideas to receive feedback and insights.
How it works
- Teaching the Wheel in Groups is a 4-week online course with video and written resources, discussion boards, and weekly Zoom calls with Robyn Dalzen and Michael Dresser.
- 4 Zoom calls of 3 hours each, plus 2 hours of home study (14 hours total).
- 2 times slots to accommodate folks from around the world.
- Maximum of 12 people per group so everyone has a chance to present their work.
- All calls recorded so you can watch later if you miss the call.
Next course session
- March 20 - April 10, 4 Saturdays
- 2 times slots - choose one:
- 9 am - 12 pm PST - Seattle Time
- 9 am - 12 pm GMT - London Time
- Register HERE.
Wheel of Consent Certified Facilitator course
- IF you are interested in taking the Certification Course, this is the first step.
- After this course, you may apply for the Certification Course.
- This course does not substitute for that course or for certification.