Working with Groups
(formerly Teaching the Wheel in Groups)
Working with Groups used to be called "Teaching the Wheel in Groups". When we started offering Like a Pro online, we added it as a second track - hence the name change. It's the same course!
You’ve taken Like A Pro, and you’re using the Wheel with your one-to-one clients. Would you like some help using the principles of the Wheel in your workshops? This course helps you bring those principles into whatever you are already teaching.
Working with Groups is open to you if you:
- Completed Like a Pro in-person
- OR - are taking Like a Pro online. This course is one of the two tracks for Part 2.
- If you want to take the Facilitator Certification Course, this is the first step. After this course you may apply for that one.
What we cover
- Basic group facilitation skills, including how to create a safe container for learning, and how to make sure your participants don’t step over their own limits
- The particular challenges of touch events and online events and what you need to know about facilitating them
- Incorporating the Wheel of Consent into your workshops — what works and what doesn’t, and how to teach the different components of the Wheel
- Considerations for designing your workshops
- You will have the opportunity to create an outline for your next workshop and present your ideas to receive feedback and insights.
How it works
- Working with Groups is a 4-call online course with video and written resources, discussion boards, with Robyn Dalzen, Michael Dresser, and other Certified Facilitators.
- 4 Zoom calls of 3 hours each, plus 2 hours of home study (14 hours total).
- 2 times slots to accommodate folks from around the world.
- Maximum of 18 people per group so everyone has a chance to present their work.
- All calls recorded so you can watch later if you miss the call.
Next course session
- Wednesdays and Saturdays, Oct 20 - 30
- 2 times slots - choose one:
- 9 am - 12 pm PST - Seattle time
- 3 pm - 6 pm, PST - Seattle time
- We will try to fit you in to your first choice - if there is room!
- Register open soon.
- In the event that your first choice is full, we will be in contact to see if you have a second choice, and if that doesn't work we will refund you in full right away.
Wheel of Consent Certified Facilitator course
- IF you are interested in taking the Certification Course, this is the first step.
- After this course, you may apply for the Certification Course.
- This course does not substitute for that course or for certification.