The School of Consent
The School of Consent is a recognized learning resource for consent. We provide training and educational materials for the public and professionals, offering tools to support empowerment, safety, and connection.
The School’s desire is to bring the concepts of consent and personal empowerment to as many humans as possible, using the framework of the Wheel of Consent®. We envision a world where people can speak up for what they want and what they don’t want – starting with touch, extending to community life and all the way to international politics.
We inspire clarity, curiosity, and confidence.
Support our Scholarship Fund!
We offer some scholarships to students from marginalized populations - mainly Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, and LGBTQ folks.
Our 5-day training for professionals, where you experience the Wheel and learn how to use it in your practice to make your sessions safe, effective, and satisfying. Online, and soon returning to in-person!
Our Certified Wheel of Consent Workshop Facilitators
Betty is the developer of the Wheel of Consent, a former chiropractor and sex coach. Based in Seattle WA, USA.
Robyn is a co-founder of the School of Consent and a former leadership development trainer in the non-profit environmental sector. Based in Utah.
Carmen de Jesus
Carmen is a playwright, hypnotherapist and business development organizer. Based in San Rafael CA, USA.
Michael has a private practice in coaching, Sexological Bodywork, and is a Certified Wheel of Consent Workshop Facilitator. Based in Scotland.
Using the Wheel of Consent® as a framework, we are committed to teaching and promoting:
- Clarity around Receiving and Giving – distinguishing between who is doing and who it is for
- Creating clear agreements based on transparent communication
- Awareness of sensation in the body
- An expanded ability to Receive, respecting the limits of the Giver
- An expanded ability to Give, and be generous and compassionate
- Connection, compassion and intimacy
- Skills of empowerment
- Understanding and integrating the ‘shadow’ aspects of each of the Quadrants
…to create the world we want to live in, where people are connected to self, others and the earth.
- Integrity –acknowledging that there is, in fact, something we want, being able to ask for it and respecting the boundaries of the giver
- Generosity – being able to give with a full heart, without the need to get anything in exchange; setting aside what we want to allow another to find what they want
- Gratitude – feeling the joy of gratitude for the gift that has been given
- Surrender – experiencing ourselves as a gift and trusting ourselves to stay within the limits of our boundaries
What is the Wheel of Consent?
The Wheel of Consent® is a practice and a model based on the distinction between the "doing" aspect of the touch dynamic — who is doing — and the "gift" aspect — who it is for. Once that distinction is made, the entire touch dynamic becomes clear, which brings ease, confidence, self-responsibility, and freedom to the interaction.
It applies to both touch and non-touch dynamics. Indeed, the application to non-touch dynamics may be of greater import.
To learn more about the Wheel of Consent, start here.