Wheel of Consent® Workshop Facilitator Certification
Facilitate the Wheel of Consent Workshop
The Wheel is expanding! We are thrilled that more people are experimenting with it and adding it to what they are teaching – and – we want to ensure that the core principles of the Wheel are preserved. We need a home base of facilitators who really ‘get’ the Wheel and are teaching it well.
To this end, we have created a 2 to 3 day workshop, called The Wheel of Consent® Workshop.
About the Workshop
- For the general public and keeps the Wheel clear and complete.
- Focuses on the Wheel as a whole, as opposed to, say, a focus on intimacy or sex.
- Helps people experience the Quadrants in a dependable way.
- Covers the basics plus a few other activities that are optional.
- Does not replace Like a Pro. It includes none of the parts for practitioners.
- Many of you are already teaching a similar workshop. What we are trying to do is ensure that the Wheel has a ‘home base’ that can be counted on and can continue.
About Teaching the Workshop
- In order to keep the Workshop fairly standard and to protect the Wheel, we are asking the people who want to teach it to learn how and to become certified.
- In order to use ‘Wheel of Consent®’ in the workshop title, you must be certified. You can, of course, include the Wheel in whatever you are teaching – just call the workshop something else.
About the Training
- Attendance is by application.
- In order to apply, you must have completed
- Like a Pro in person and Teaching the Wheel in Groups
- OR - Like a Pro Online, Part 1: Foundations, and Part 2: Teaching the Wheel in Groups
- Taught by Betty Martin, Robyn Dalzen and other Certified Facilitators.
- 8 weekly Zoom calls, written and video resources and homework. About 2 hours a week on the call and 1 to 2 hours on the homework.
- As part of the training, you will practice-present a part of the workshop curriculum.
- Complete the Wheel of Consent Facilitator Training.
- Facilitate practice events and report back on what you are learning.
- Completing the online course does not guarantee certification. Certification comes with actual experience facilitating the workshop. For some with facilitation experience, this will be fairly quickly; for others with little experience, it will take a number of workshops to gain the skills. You will be asked to facilitate as many events as it takes for us to feel confident that you can facilitate this workshop to our standards. We will be coaching you and supporting you.
- Once Betty and Robyn are confident you have the material and the skill to hold the group container, and all course requirements are met, you will be Certified.
- Participate in monthly group supervision calls.
- You must join at least 6 calls per year to keep your certification active.
What you get
- You are welcome to offer as many Wheel of Consent Workshops as you like.
- You keep all the proceeds of the courses you teach.
- You will be listed as a Certified Wheel of Consent Workshop Facilitator here on the School of Consent website and your workshops listed on the Calendar.
- Monthly group supervision calls with Betty and Robyn, on the first Monday of each month (join any call):
- 8 am Seattle / 11 am New York / 4 pm London
- Noon Seattle / 3 pm New York / 8 pm London / 7 am Sydney the following day
- 5 pm Seattle / 8 pm New York / 10 am Sydney the following day
- Teaching the Wheel in Groups: 4 Saturdays beginning March 20
- 2 times slots:
- 9 am - 12 pm PST - Seattle Time
- 9 am - 12 pm GMT - London Time
- Facilitator Certification: 8 Wednesdays beginning June 2
- 9 am - 12 pm PST - Seattle Time
- Plus Like a Pro and/or Teaching the Wheel in Groups
- Plus a subscription to the School of Consent Community of $300/yr. This covers your listing on this website and all the monthly group calls. (We don’t start charging for that until 3 months after the course.)
- You may apply after you complete Teaching the Wheel in Groups.
- If you have already taken Teaching the Wheel in Groups and you are interested in Certification, let us know here and we'll get back to you when the application is ready.
We love our community of facilitators and look forward to bringing more on board!