Like a Pro:
The Wheel of Consent for Professionals
In-person or online
Like a Pro brings the transformative model of the Wheel of Consent to professionals working with topics of consent, boundaries, relational intimacy, body sovereignty, trauma recovery, sexuality, communication, and touch. Originally developed for touch practitioners, the course has, by popular demand, expanded to include non-touch professionals like therapists, coaches, teachers, and workshop leaders.
Like a Pro guides you into a personal somatic experience of The Wheel, and then teaches you how to integrate it into your practice, to make all your sessions safe, effective, and satisfying.
Like A Pro courses are taught by certified faculty from The School of Consent, who have been trained by Dr. Betty Martin.
What folks are saying
Like a Pro was an eye-opener, both professionally and privately. I knew the Wheel of Consent from before, but experiencing it like this and sharing the journey gave a much deeper understanding - and a lot of inspiration. It's the best I have done for myself and my business in a very long time.
Like A Pro is a must for anyone working in social care and wellbeing. This course is firm in its gentleness, nuanced in its simplicity and the teachers are both highly skilled and approachable. I loved it, learned heaps about (my own and others) autonomy, desires and daring to ask for what you want. I look forward to integrating it further in my work with couples!
My life started transforming one day into this training. Personal insights poured in, I started asking more clearly for what I wanted and asking others for more clarity in their requests. As the days went on, I started seeing how every aspect of my life and work could benefit from what I was learning.
About Like A Pro
What you'll learn in Like A Pro
What Like A Pro IS and IS NOT
Like A Pro in person
Like A Pro online
Like A Pro is for you if...
Additional courses are added here 6 months ahead, as they are confirmed - please check back regularly, or sign up for updates
March 13 - March 17: Salt Lake City, with Robyn Dalzen and Marcia Baczynski - Applications open
May 29 - June 2: Oakland CA, Katie Spataro and Marcia Baczynski. Registration opens March 1.
- Classes taught by Dr. Betty Martin $2250.
- Classes taught by other faculty $1850
- Classes held in Australia and New Zealand: $1750
- Returning students (who have already taken Like a Pro): $950.
- Work-study (Help with set up and clean up. You won't miss any class time.) $200 off the cost
Purchase of Betty's book, The Art of Receiving and Giving: The Wheel of Consent, is required for the online course (and highly recommended for the in-person course). $24 US to be purchased on your own.
Life happens! Cancellation policy here.
All prices are in USD and include a non-refundable, non-transferable application fee of $50.
Scholarships are available for BIPOC folks and those who are part of, or are working with, marginalized communities, or in depressed economies. Make a note on your application. Learn more about scholarship options here
Please apply at least 6 weeks before the event.
If you're taking Like A Pro for the first time
1) Read the group agreements.
2) Fill out the application linked below.
3) Pay the $50 registration fee.
4) You will be sent a link to book a call with us to make sure we are a good fit.
5) If we are a good fit, you're in, and your registration fee counts toward your course fee. We'll give you the link to make the rest of your payment. (If we are not a good fit, we will refund your application fee.)
6) If we are full, you'll be added to a wait list.
If you want to take Like A Pro again
We have room for 3 half-cost returning students in each class. However some courses may be full for this discount.
Please contact us at [email protected] and tell us:
- Where and when you took Like A Pro
- Which location you’d like to attend