The Wheel of Consent® Workshop
When you engage with another – whether it is a lover, friend or colleague – are you doing what they want you to do, or what they allow you to do? What is the difference and why does it matter?
We invite you to a 3-day workshop on the Wheel of Consent, which is a powerful tool to improve the quality of your touch and create clear agreements so you can experience satisfying connection to yourself and others.
This workshop is about:
- Waking up sensuality – feeling and following pleasure
- Making choices – learning how to choose for yourself
- Understanding the dynamics of Receiving and Giving and taking them apart
- Understanding who is doing and who it is for – because they are different
- Gaining skills of empowerment and communication – noticing, valuing, and trusting desires, having the courage to ask for what you want, and feeling safe enough to receive
Four kinds of touch and relating within clear agreements:
- Taking for your own pleasure – you do what you want – while respecting the giver’s boundaries;
- Allowing another to take from you – they do what they want with your permission – while maintaining your boundaries;
- Serving another for their pleasure – you do what they want – within your boundaries; and
- Accepting the gift of another’s service – they do what you want – while maintaining their boundaries.
Unless you take apart and experience each of these four aspects, it is impossible to know what they really are.
Understanding and embodying the Wheel of Consent happens best through a somatic experience – you have to feel it in your skin. Therefore, learning the Wheel happens through touch exercises.
In these three days, you will:
- Learn what ‘Receiving’ and ‘Giving’ really are – and why knowing the difference is crucial for creating connection and intimacy
- Find out where you are clear (or not) in Receiving and Giving
- Learn the framework of the Wheel of Consent® and the four Quadrants as a foundation for connection
- Experience pleasure and sensation in your skin that you can access any time you choose
- Access parts of yourself that have been hidden away that are ready to be seen, appreciated and healed
- Gain skills to bring clarity and heart into your hands so that all your touch is rich, juicy and satisfying
- Become exquisitely aware of your desires and limits and how to communicate them
- Practice Receiving Giving and experience each of the four Quadrants
There are many opportunities for exchanging touch as part of the learning, but there is no genital touch and clothing stays on in the workshop.
Who is this for?
This workshop is for anyone who is interested in learning more about themselves and improving the quality of their relationships – personal or professional, with lovers, friends, parents, children or colleagues. No prior experience necessary. For those who have been exposed to the Wheel, and those who haven’t, there are always new levels of awareness to be found.
See the calendar to find upcoming workshops near you, or contact us.
To experience the full spectrum of our sexuality, we have to be able to take action for our own pleasure, and take action for the other person's pleasure - and we have to know the difference. ~ Betty Martin