Working with Groups
Working with Groups used to be called "Teaching the Wheel in Groups". When we started offering Like a Pro online, we added it as a second track - hence the name change. It's the same course!
You’ve taken Like A Pro, and you’re using the Wheel with your one-to-one clients. Would you like some help using the principles of the Wheel in your workshops? This course helps you bring those principles into whatever you are already teaching.
Working with Groups is open to you if you:
- Completed Like a Pro in-person or online
- If you want to take the Facilitator Certification Course, this is the first step. After this course you may apply for that one.
What we cover
- Basic group facilitation skills, including how to create a safe container for learning, and how to make sure your participants don’t step over their own limits
- The particular challenges of touch events and online events and what you need to know about facilitating them
- Incorporating the Wheel of Consent into your workshops — what works and what doesn’t, and an introduction of how to teach the different components of the Wheel
- Considerations for designing your workshops
- You will have the opportunity to create an outline for your next workshop and present your ideas to receive feedback and insights.
How it works
- Working with Groups is a 5-call online course delivered over 4 weeks with video and written resources, and discussion boards, with Robyn Dalzen, Michael Dresser, and other Certified Facilitators.
- 5 Zoom calls of 3 hours each (15 hours total) plus several hours of home study each week.
- Multiple time slots to accommodate folks from around the world.
- Maximum of 20 people per class so everyone has a chance to present their work.
- All calls are recorded so you can watch later if you miss a call.
Next course session
- Our next class will be offered in the Spring of 2024. We will email Like a Pro Alumni when registration opens for the course. Please subscribe to our newsletter to learn about our course offerings: https://www.schoolofconsent.org/subscribe
Wheel of Consent Certified Facilitator course
- IF you are interested in taking the Certification Course, this is the first step.
- After this course, you may apply for the Certification Course.
- This course does not substitute for that course or for certification.